Forum * Login   * Register
* FAQ    * Search    * Archives   


It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 pm | All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:34 am 
Offline
Grand Premier
Grand Premier

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 pm
Posts: 441
Points on hand: 2,390.00 Persian Points
My sweet Leo is going for his furst butt cut...... Uhem..... I mean sani cut tomorrow. Two episodes this week have made me determine it's time. It is sweltering hot here and I briefly considered lion cutting him, but decided just to do the butt cut...... Is he too young to shave? He's 20 weeks. I did my previous persian the first time at a year. Will it mess up his coat if done too early? :cat: :o

_________________
Barbara
Leo and Mocha
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 am 
Offline
Champion
Champion
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 am
Posts: 830
Points on hand: 3,023.00 Persian Points

Location: Fraser Valley BC Canada
Poor baby's boy do I know what poopy bums are like my new little yogi always gets poop in his fur every time he goes. It seems I always am washing his little tushy. He is still to young for any kind of extreme grooming so I usually just wash his bum and comb it and he's fine.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline
Best in Breed
Best in Breed
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:32 pm
Posts: 8040
Points on hand: 1,760.00 Persian Points

Location: California, USA
Shave Leo? :shock: But he's so cute with all his hair!

I wouldn't think shaving him at a young age would effect his coat in the future.

_________________
Image
"If a homeless cat could talk, it would probably say,
'Give me shelter, food, companionship and love,
and I will be yours for life!' "
- Susan Easterly


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline
Grand Champion
Grand Champion
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 pm
Posts: 1906
Points on hand: 5,530.00 Persian Points

Location: Boston MA
momofmany wrote:
Poor baby's boy do I know what poopy bums are like my new little yogi always gets poop in his fur every time he goes. It seems I always am washing his little tushy. He is still to young for any kind of extreme grooming so I usually just wash his bum and comb it and he's fine.


Since I've gotten Fancy, I've kept her bum trimmed. You can get some blunt ended grooming scissors and trim it up. I wouldnt imagine its that difficult since he's so little. Lay him on his belly and hold his tail back. Its a bit more difficult as she's gotten bigger, but to me its worth it.

_________________
Laura, Beaux, and Fancypantz

Image


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
Best in Breed
Best in Breed
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 9512
Points on hand: 42,715.00 Persian Points

Location: Denver, CO
I, personally, wouldn't shave him as a kitten but that is just me. They're so small, they're still easy to bathe. And I wonder how he would develop his cleaning skills if he was shaved? I honestly don't know. I just know that Puffy had ringworm as a kitten and got bi-weekly baths for six months... and now she doesn't clean herself. Because I did it for her :shock: :roll:

My vet always gives the beebers "brazilians" when I take them in :lol: :lol: I say Dr. Ashley, Puffy wants to know if you can give her a brazilian, she is overdue... :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Puffy Puffy Princess & Prince Chunky Charming


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
Grand Champion
Grand Champion
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 pm
Posts: 1906
Points on hand: 5,530.00 Persian Points

Location: Boston MA
PuffyPuffyPrincess wrote:
I, personally, wouldn't shave him as a kitten but that is just me. They're so small, they're still easy to bathe. And I wonder how he would develop his cleaning skills if he was shaved? I honestly don't know. I just know that Puffy had ringworm as a kitten and got bi-weekly baths for six months... and now she doesn't clean herself. Because I did it for her :shock: :roll:

My vet always gives the beebers "brazilians" when I take them in :lol: :lol: I say Dr. Ashley, Puffy wants to know if you can give her a brazilian, she is overdue... :lol:


Hahaha that is hilarious! :lol:
Not so much the bathing part though!
So interesting and good to know.
Yesterday I gave Fancy a bath, and she had one less than a week ago.
I usually wait atleast a week but yesterday I just couldn't take it :?
I thought Fancy Pants was a princess but PPP is gonna have to teach her some new material if she wants to keep up :roll:

_________________
Laura, Beaux, and Fancypantz

Image


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
Best in Breed
Best in Breed
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 9512
Points on hand: 42,715.00 Persian Points

Location: Denver, CO
LauraLou wrote:
PuffyPuffyPrincess wrote:
I, personally, wouldn't shave him as a kitten but that is just me. They're so small, they're still easy to bathe. And I wonder how he would develop his cleaning skills if he was shaved? I honestly don't know. I just know that Puffy had ringworm as a kitten and got bi-weekly baths for six months... and now she doesn't clean herself. Because I did it for her :shock: :roll:

My vet always gives the beebers "brazilians" when I take them in :lol: :lol: I say Dr. Ashley, Puffy wants to know if you can give her a brazilian, she is overdue... :lol:


Hahaha that is hilarious! :lol:
Not so much the bathing part though!
So interesting and good to know.
Yesterday I gave Fancy a bath, and she had one less than a week ago.
I usually wait atleast a week but yesterday I just couldn't take it :?
I thought Fancy Pants was a princess but PPP is gonna have to teach her some new material if she wants to keep up :roll:



Puffy got baths from four months to ten months biweekly... fancy will get better with pooping and not need as many baths in a coup;le of months. And yes, my PPP wrote the book on being "princessy" :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
Puffy Puffy Princess & Prince Chunky Charming


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline
Best in Breed
Best in Breed
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:32 pm
Posts: 8040
Points on hand: 1,760.00 Persian Points

Location: California, USA
PuffyPuffyPrincess wrote:
.... And I wonder how he would develop his cleaning skills if he was shaved? I honestly don't know. I just know that Puffy had ringworm as a kitten and got bi-weekly baths for six months... and now she doesn't clean herself. Because I did it for her :shock: :roll: ...

Interesting idea -- shave a kitten and the cat doesn't groom itself. This would mean that all my Persians except for Clarissa were shaved as kittens. ;) :P :P I do wonder if there is any relationship or not, or if I just have lazy cats. :o :lol:

_________________
Image
"If a homeless cat could talk, it would probably say,
'Give me shelter, food, companionship and love,
and I will be yours for life!' "
- Susan Easterly


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lion Cut
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline
Best in Breed
Best in Breed
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 pm
Posts: 9512
Points on hand: 42,715.00 Persian Points

Location: Denver, CO
LindaH wrote:
PuffyPuffyPrincess wrote:
.... And I wonder how he would develop his cleaning skills if he was shaved? I honestly don't know. I just know that Puffy had ringworm as a kitten and got bi-weekly baths for six months... and now she doesn't clean herself. Because I did it for her :shock: :roll: ...

Interesting idea -- shave a kitten and the cat doesn't groom itself. This would mean that all my Persians except for Clarissa were shaved as kittens. ;) :P :P I do wonder if there is any relationship or not, or if I just have lazy cats. :o :lol:


Yeah, you're probably right. It actually makes me feel better that yours don't groom themselves either. I thought I ruined Puffy :roll: Chunk is the cleanest boy. He smells so good all the time and never needs baths. The princess thinks she is above grooming :roll:

_________________
ImageImage
Puffy Puffy Princess & Prince Chunky Charming


Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 pm | All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Twitter iconFacebook iconGoogle icon
Pinterest iconYahoo! icone-mail icon